Parents' Right to Know Requirement
Parent's Right to Know - SC Department of Education
As a parent, the No Child Left Behind legislation provides you the opportunity to request information about the child’s teacher. This information includes:
- Whether the teacher has met state qualifications/licensing for the grade level and subject areas being taught;
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency/provisional status;
- The baccalaureate degree major, graduate certification/degree and field of discipline of the certification or degree;
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualification.
- Parents may go online to SC Department of Edcuation Educator Qualification Search and obtain this information on their child’s teacher.
If you wish this information, please contact your school’s principal.